Sorry for the delay in posts the past 2 months. There has been a lot and nothing happening at the same time. Here’s a quick list of the highlights.
- I am 17 weeks pregnant today. The baby is due in November.
- I developed a crazy bad sudden allergy to rapeseed during this pregnancy. Rapeseed is grown abundantly in our region in Germany, unfortunately. I thought I had a bad sinus infection for 3 weeks before I finally got an allergy test. As the flowers disappeared on the fields my symptoms have been decreasing and I finally feel better. Between the first trimester pregnancy exhaustion and the allergy I was literally sitting on the sofa for 3 weeks and did basically nothing. Thank goodness LOML was working from home and was able to help so much.
- We threw a big birthday party for Big Ive a couple weeks after her 4th birthday. We invited a bunch of her little German friends from the Kindergarten. The puzzle themed party was a big success, even if it was a bit on the chaotic side with so many kids. :)
- My mom came for a 4 week visit as a birthday surprise for me. LOML worked it out and paid for her ticket over. It’s been great having her here.
- LOML’s parents were also here for 2 weeks and we had a blast.
- We took a 5 day trip to Belgium with my mom and LOML’s parents and all 4 of us — Brussels, Oostende (stumbled upon a sail boat festival!), Brugges (went to an organ concert in the Our Lady cathedral for the dedication of their brand new organ), and just about the best zoo I’ve been in in the world called Paira Daiza. Fantastic little road trip.
- The Schwimmbad opened in our village and we’ve been swimming 2 times in a week. The girls seem to be ok with the frigid water temperature. As someone who grew up in the desert, I don’t like to swim until the water is about 80F. The Germans think that is far too warm.
- The girls and I will be visiting the States for 2 months starting tomorrow. My brother is getting married and we’ll be spending a week with LOML’s family and lots of other things planned. It’s a little too long to be gone from home, but it’ll be good to have enough time to spend with family and friends. LOML will be there for part of the time, but he has to return for work for some of the 2 months we’ll be gone.
- LOML and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary the beginning of June. It’s crazy to think we’ve been married 9 years.
- I celebrated my 30th birthday. We had a great day of German breakfast at the bakery, time playing in a local castle ruin, and then LOML surprised me with my German band who played a little birthday serenade in the town square. It was the best birthday and one I will remember forever.
Hopefully now that I’m feeling better I can get back to more regular posts with photos.